Monday, September 16, 2013

Prayer a privilege



On second Friday of every month our Church have fasting and prayer together as community and this Friday we all gathered at K-22 our Church office and unfortunately I missed the worship part as I reached late but yet was fortunate to sing few of them.

Though I am a sinner and I was feeling very low and the day was not really great as I did something wrong. But then while entering the House of prayer, I simply prayed a small prayer to Daddy God saying “I am come to you just as I am; accept my worship and my praise”. It is really humbling to know that once there was an era in which the priest has to be holy to come in presence of God but now that Jesus paid for sins and made God accessible through Him, and promised us that “ For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."Matthew 18:20 His name is Immanuel, meaning “God is with us” (Isaiah 7:14).
Think is it not more than a privilege to serve the living God, to come in His presence just as we are. When I was praying there, I was moved in my Spirit, though personally praying is a struggle for me but then when I was praying it occurred to me that day and night our brothers and sisters in Christ are praying for each other, for God’s kingdom to come, for gospel to be preached. You know what is the best part of following a living God, you are sure that God is listening every single word of yours and not only that let me tell you He is very happy to see you praying, praying is such a privilege thing perhaps the only thing we can do without ceasing. Even the most new member, most weak member can seek God’s face just by prayer. Great and mighty things happen just by prayers. Miracles, healing, breaking of bondages, holiness, confession, praise and thanksgiving all happens through small act of prayer. Jesus himself taught us to pray and also set an example before us as He took time out in midst all the business and just spend time with God to pray.
Another thought came to me that today if I am saved, I have the Word of God to read, that Christianity is amongst us, it was definitely by prayers of so many of other Christians who sent missionaries out, who took the pain to write the Bible in local language and I am sure a lot of prayer was involved in same and Holy Spirit have helped all those people and brought revolution in our country and now we have Bible easily accessible the Word of God. And thus I remembered “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12 Think of it should we not pray for the unprivileged who have not heard the gospel, the lost, languages in which the Bible is not translated. All those who are suffering from injustice and depression, should we not pray and act for Justice and peace in nations. If we are ambassadors of Christ I think we are under command to pray for one another and to believe God is listening.
One last thought why I see prayer as privilege. God is sovereign over all things He is King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is omnipotent, One who created the Heavens and the Earth (Genesis 1:1). He is the owner, sustainer and redeemer of everything visible and invisible. And His hand is not short to do anything, as he is all powerful. Yet God is mysterious person and very gentle and His ways are higher than ours and we cannot understand His plans and He is willing to use us for His plan. That for me is greatest purpose to be part of His plan. And He have allowed us to chose us not only to be His sons but to join in His family business of redeeming the world inaugurated by His Son Jesus Christ, will you be the part of this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Will love to hear from you.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis